Clothes, belt, radio, vest, etc… Police officers wear so much on a daily basis. It can be hard to keep it all together in one place, so getting ready for shift is a chore. It’s much easier to keep organized with this cop caddy.
The industrial look of the black iron pipe fits in with most any décor. The black iron is strong enough to hold a police belt and a vest without tipping over. It’s 37″ tall, some older children will be able to reach the top of the tray. I highly recommend securing your weapon in a safe or with a locking devise.
It took half a dozen trips to Lowe’s to find the correct pieces, but it was easy to put together. I’ve written down all the materials I used, hopefully that will save you some headaches. Just follow along connecting the numbers, like in the picture below. I used a pipe wrench to tighten it all together. Happy building!
- 3/4 in Black Iron Floor Flange Fitting x4
- 3/4in x 1 1/2in Black Steel Nipple Fitting x4
- 3/4 in 90-degree Black Iron Elbow Fitting x4
- 3/4 in x 4 1/2 Black Steel Nipple Fitting x4
- 3/4in Black Iron Tee Fitting x2
- 3/4 in x 8in Black Steel Nipple Fitting x2
- 3/4in x 1/2 in Black Iron Tee Fitting (3/4 x 3/4 on sides 1/2 on top)
- 1/2in x 24in 150-PSI Threaded Both Ends Black Iron Pipe
- 1/2in Black Iron Cross Tee Fitting
- 1/2in x 4in Black Steel Nipple Fitting
- 1/2in x 3 1/2in Black Steel Nipple Fitting
- 1/2in Black Iron Tee Fitting
- 1/2in x 6in Black Steel Nipple Fitting x2
- 1/2in Black Iron Cap Fitting x3
- 1/2in x 5 Black Steel Nipple Fitting
- 1/2in Black Iron Floor Flange Fitting
- Wooden Tray (I bought mine from Hobby Lobby, 20 1/2in x 13 1/2in)
Not pictured: #8 1/2inch screws x4 to connect the wooden tray to the iron base
- I was able to collect all of the materials from my local hardware store, expect for the wooden tray. The materials cost around $110, but we love the industrial look and it will last a whole career. Definitely worth every penny!
‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.’ – Matthew 5:9
Comment below or tag @amagicalkingdomcalledhome on Facebook or Instagram to share your masterpiece!